Warhammer 40 Apocalypse 2015
When: Saturday September 19th
Where: Jay’s CD and Hobby
Starting time: Please arrive early in order to carrying in equipment, models, Etc. Ideally by 10:30AM as rules review will being at 11AM sharp. The following times are a base line and might change depending on how quickly the game plays. Be prepared for a worst case scenario.
• Introduction, Rule Review, Q&A: 11AM
• Deployment bid: 11:30
• Turn 1: 12:00 to 1:30
• Turn 2: 1:30 to 3:00
• Turn 3: 3:00 to 4:30
• Turn 4: 4:30 to 6:00
• Break: 6:00 to 6:30
• Turn 5: 6:30 to 8:00
What players need to bring, restrictions, Etc:
• Rulebooks, Forgeworld rules for models, Codex, Etc for their army and current FAQ. If a player does not have the current FAQ, rules that are available will be used for clarification.
• Gaming Aids: Dice, tape measures and the appropriate templates, blast templates, Etc.
• Food, snacks of your choice. Coke products are available from a vending machine.
• This is a social event. Please reframe from using electronic devices in order to give everyone your undivided attention. Cameras/video recorders are encouraged.
• Print out of their army list for reference.
• 3000 pts per player.
• Players fielding an army list that consists of one choice army will be allotted an additional 500 pts to field in this event. This means if you field a Daemon army all models must be of a single Daemon faction (all Nurgle, Khorne, Etc.). Space Marines must be all from the same Chapter. Eldar must be from the same Craftworld, Etc.
• Players that have fielded an army list that is mixed with other armies must clearly notate what models are. I.e. painted models red for Blood Angels, Blue for Ultra Marines, Etc. Models not painted must have some type of marker indicating which chapter, chaos god, Etc. they are representing. One example is a banner on a model for the unit being fielded, Space Marine Icons, Etc.
• Any vehicles not from the same army must be easily identified as well. Either by color of paint or a visual reference on the vehicle for easy identification as mentioned in in the previous bulletin.
• 1 HQ / LoW
• 4 Super Heavies/Super Heavy Fliers/ Super Heavy Walker/Gargantuan Creatures/Flying Gargantuan Creatures.
• No home brew rules for custom created models are allowed.
• Apocalypse formations are optional, but highly suggested.
• Valid formations must be from GW/FW/White Dwarf and not a home brew.
• Purchased Fortification(s) are allowed.
• Skyshield will have an armor value of 12 with 3 Hull Points. Remaining stats are unchanged.
• Dataslates/formations are permitted.
• Duplicate entries are permitted, however unique characters in the same Dataslate/formation are not permitted.
• Models do not need to be painted.
• Converted models are allowed to be used, but do attempt to keep the model WYSIWYG as close as possible.
• Models can be proxied/home built/converted but they must be equipped as stated according to your army list.
• Forgeworld models are allowed.
• Players must have a copy of the Forgeworld model rules in order to be fielded.
• Bases without a model on them are not permitted.
Apocalypse rules and general info:
This event will use the latest Apocalypse rules released by GW. The following rules will be implemented during this event.
• Any army in the standard Warhammer 40K rulesbooks/codecies with the “D” weapon profile will use the “D” weapon profile/damage chart as listed in the respective rulebook/codex. Meaning that Eldar/Daemons will following the “D” chart from the Warhammer 40K BRB. Models/formations from an Apocalypse book will follow the Apocalypse “D” damage chart.
• Multiple Unique Named Characters cannot be fielded on the same team. If there are multiple instances, players will have to changes teams or make substitutions. Be prepared.
• Please bring rules for Dataslates and Formations that are being used.
• Players elect when forces come in from reserve.
• Flyers are allowed to come in from reserve on turn 2.
• The psychic power Invisibility will reduce any units targeting the blessed squad/unit/model to a BS1/WS1. Furthermore the blessed unit can be targeted by blast/templates, but again at BS1/WS1.
• Each team will have 45 minutes per round.
• Teams will be created when everyone arrives.
• Each side will elect a Champion that will be the final voice for the team.
• Each Champion will roll off for table sides.
• Each team will have 1 minute to submit a bid for deployment time.
• The team that submits the lowest time will deploy first.
• The other team will deploy having 15 minutes.
• Any models not deployed in their respective deployment zone go into reserves.
• The team that deployed second will roll to steal initiative.
• Modifiers for stealing the initiative must be from the Champion’s LoW/HQ model.
• Each team will receive 1 Apocalypse Strategic Asset for every 2 players on their team. These assets can only be used at the beginning of the turn (unless otherwise stated on the Strategic Asset card) and only 1 asset may be used per turn (unless otherwise stated on the Strategic Asset card). The decision of which Strategic Asset to be used will be made by the Champion for each team.
• 1 Point for an enemy Super Heavies/Super Heavy Fliers/Gargantuan Creatures/Flying Gargantuan Creatures with less than 6 Hull Points removed from play during your turn.
• D3+1 victory points for Super Heavies/Super Heavy Fliers/Gargantuan Creatures/Flying Gargantuan Creatures with more than 7 Hull Points removed from play during your turn.
• D6+3 victory points for Super Heavies/Super Heavy Fliers/Gargantuan Creatures/Flying Gargantuan Creatures with more than 14 to 25 Hull Points removed from play during your turn.
• D6+6 victory points for Super Heavies/Super Heavy Fliers/Gargantuan Creatures/Flying Gargantuan Creatures with more than 25+ Hull Points removed from play during your turn.
• 1 victory point for each enemy HQ/Lord of War removed from play during your turn.
• D3 victory points if 3 or more enemy HQ/Lord of War removed from play during your turn.
• D3 victory points for the enemy Champion removed from play during your turn.
• D6+6 victory points for issuing a challenge with your Champion and slaying the enemy Champion during close combat during your turn.
• D3 victory points awarded when your Champion defeats any enemy Warlord in Close Combat during your turn.
Following Malestrom rules in effect:
Steal the Loot. BRB, Pg. 151
Each team will have 4 Tactical Objective cards in play, no cards can be discarded or re-drawn. Once an objective has been scored, the Game Organizer must be altered and for verification. Once confirmed, place the card aside and draw replacement card(s). If all the cards have been used, re-shuffle the cards that have been scored and redraw from this stack.