It’s the return of LAZER’s Walking Fed Zombie Food Drive presented by Jay’s CD & Hobby. On April 2, zombies will invade Des Moines. Instead of brains, they want your cash & food donations. In 2015, the zombie horde collected over 7,500 lbs. of food to help create over 24,000 meals for patrons of the Food Bank of Iowa.
Donating is easy:
Stop by Jay’s SE 14th Street location between 12:00pm and 6:00pm on April 2 and zombies will take your donation. You can also take advantage of great onsite donation incentives like 20% off anything in store at Jay’s if you dress up and donate and even the chance to win Slipknot Tickets!
Can’t make it on April 2nd? “Make Jay Pay” and drop off cash or canned food at any Jay’s CD & Hobby location until April 2nd. Jay will match your cash donations or give $1 for each can of food donated to the Food Bank of Iowa (or a maximum donation of $10,000).
Why are donations for the Food Bank of Iowa important in April?
– Spring time is the slowest period for donations at the Food Bank
– Summer time is the highest time of need for food insecure children
– More than 180,000 Iowans helped by the Food Bank are food insecure
– 1 in 8 Iowans and 1 in 5 kids is food insecure
– Last year, the Food Bank of Iowa provided more than 11 million lbs. of food to Iowans in need
– For every $1 donation, The Food Bank of Iowa can provide 4.5 meals
LAZER’s Walking Fed Food Drive and Jay’s CD & Hobby are proud supporters of the Food Bank of Iowa. The Food Bank of Iowa strives to meet the critical needs of a diverse population through its network of 390 partner agencies in 55 Iowa counties. The partner agencies include food pantries, soup kitchens, homeless shelters and shelters for victims of domestic violence, non-profit day care and residential care centers, as well as child and senior programs including their School Pantry program.
Be sure to check out LAZER 103.3’s Walking Fed page: lazer1033.com/the-walking-fed-presented-by-jays-cd-hobby/